Diagnoses are made by trained doctors through a series of questions resulting in a differential diagnosis. If a doctor feels he/she needs more information to provide a diagnosis, he/she will recommend a physical consultation. There are limitations to a diagnosis without a physical observation being made. DoctorOnCall aims to supplement the patient-doctor relationship through teleconsultations, not to substitute it.
- How soon will a consultation be scheduled after placing my order?
- What happens if a product is out of stock after I complete a teleconsultation? Will I be refunded?
- If I am unsuitable for treatment, can I get a refund for the teleconsultation?
- What is the RM7.99 teleconsultation fee for?
- Is a doctor’s consultation necessary with my purchase?
- Does DoctorOnCall provide home visits or emergency services?